Abiola’s portfolio of community building, marketing consulting and business experience.
CREATIVITY, COMMUNICATIONS + COMMUNITY
+44 (0)796 1250 628 // London, UK (open to remote working and travel)
In the last 5 years, I have launched creative concepts, built communities and connected people to businesses through digital media. I prioritise working with startups and emerging brands, as I believe that they are the businesses that are capable of driving innovation and transformation in society at large.
All of these entrepreneurial endeavours are strengthened by my commercial and strategic mindset, which I sharpened through my experience at two of the global 'Big 4' consulting firms, where I rose to management-level in four short years.
Below you will find more details about my work, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to work together or collaborate.
To find out more about my 'Life is an Experiment' working philosophy, read this.
- Creative: Copywriting, content marketing, social media, video production, SEO, event production, basic graphic design, community management, platform management.
- Business: Analysis, KPIs, operations, project management, market research, presentations, process improvement, public speaking, stakeholder management, benchmarking.
- Undergraduate degree: Law LLB (2:1) Warwick University
- A-Levels: AAAA (English Literature, Maths, French & Fine Art)
- Languages: Native English Speaker, Conversational French
- Experience in the following tools (and also a quick learner with new software):
- Content creation / management - Canva, Squarespace (Member of the Squarespace Circle), Wordpress, Format, Basic HTML, Basic Photo and Video editing software
- Email marketing - MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor
- Social media management - HootSuite, Buffer,
- CRM, analytics & project management - Hubspot, Slack, Trello, AirTable, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office
The following projects have been launched from scratch and/or have been undertaken on top of full-time employment.
Community, content + events: www.abiola.me (2015-present)
- Launched www.abiola.me, writing original content on faith and personal growth.
- Doubled mailing list subscribers between Jan and March 2017 via social.
- Grew Twitter following by 100% (800 followers) in the last year. Peaking at 900K impressions by December 2017 (monthly avg. 300k).
- Grew Instagram following by 50% (400 followers) in the last 6 months, averaging at 9% engagement rate (higher than the 'good' industry avg. of 3% source).
- Frequent public speaker: Hosting conferences, presenting shows, speaking and participating in panels. A full list of engagements with videos can be found here.
- Launching The Gathering TV Project in May 2018, responsible for venue sourcing, scripting, direction and video production.
CO-FOUNDER, Community, content + events: WAVEMAKERS (2017)
- Conceptualised, sourced a co-founder, created website and launched WAVEMAKERS in June 2017. WAVEMAKERS provides training, guidance and community for ambitious millennials across industries.
- Hosted 5 workshops in the last 12 months with an average of 15 guests (£20 each).
- Hosted a summer social with 60 attendees, as a 'taster' for our worships and growing our mailing list community from zero to 100 in 2 months.
Community + content: Your Startup, Your Story (2017)
- Approached to join Your Startup, Your Story (YSYS) - a diverse, intersectional community of the techies and entrepreneurs.
- Provides advice on how to curate and engage a community of high-calibre tech talent online and in real life, advises on web-design.
- Conceptualised, scripted and hosted the pilot of tech news show, YSYS live.
Content and copywriter: She Leads Africa (2016-2017)
- Approached to join the She Leads Africa (SLA) team, writing some of their most popular, SEO-optimised content in a given month. SLA is one of the leading media startups in Africa and has been featured in Forbes, CNN, The Huffington Post and many more.
- Sourced and interviewed entrepreneurs (including 500Startups alumni), as well as writing articles about personal and professional development.
Brand strategy: Anjola, writer and poet (2017-present)
- Branding, social strategy, website development and community growth advice for writer and poet Anjola, graduate of the Faber Academy.
- Project delivery advice for three 'mood' live poetry performances. Sold out encores in Lagos, Nigeria (160+ attendees) and in London (80+ attendees).
- Produced graphics for both shows, here and here.
4 years as a management consultant and marketing programme manager, working with CEOs and other senior business leaders of the world's leading organisations.
Programme & Community Manager: Deloitte (2017-2018)
- Headhunted to join the relationship development marketing team, responsible for two team members.
- Restructured strategy for FY18 to provide clear KPIs for the team + stakeholders.
- Conceptualised and launched two programmes for senior Tech and HR leaders. Grew membership from 60+ and 50+ respectively in 6 months.
- Produced 4 bespoke events from January to July 2018, alongside personalised newsletter communications.
- Rewrote comms for wider team to boost engagement, notably increasing registrations by 200% for an undersubscribed event.
- Overhauled roles and responsibilities for team of 6, and automated/off-shored manual tasks to improve team productivity and morale.
- Article: Marketing Innovation (after winning a competition to attend a B2B Marketing event, sponsored by the Deloitte Chief Marketing Officer)
Senior Management Consultant: Ernst & Young (2013-2017)
Working across the UK and Switzerland for a number of clients on projects including:
- Customer experience and communications manager: guiding 100,000+ customers through significant changes to their bank accounts. Exceptional performance in phase one, requested to lead phase 2 of the project.
- Market and strategy analyst: forecasted future revenue potential and identified acquisition targets, following significant loss of revenue-generating staff to a competitor.
- Operations manager (multiple projects): working with banks and insurance companies to optimise their processes and reduce costs. Most notably identifying $7M-$10M annual savings for one client.
- Business development associate: leading benchmarking analysis for 30 top clients. Contributing to pitches and sales meetings resulting in $500k sales in first year of work.