CONTENT MARKETER & BUSINESS STRATEGIST
+44 (0)796 1250 628 // London, UK (available for remote working and travel)
In the last 5 years, I have connected people to businesses through digital media, content marketing and live events. I am passionate about telling convincing stories through written and visual mediums.
My creative skillset is strengthened by my commercial and strategic mindset, which was sharpened through my experience as a management consultant.
Below you will find more details about my work, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to work together or collaborate.
To find out more about my 'Life is an Experiment' working philosophy, read this.
- Creative: Copywriting, content marketing, social media, video production, SEO, event production, basic graphic design, community management, platform management, blogging.
- Business: Analysis, KPIs, operations, project management, market research, presentations, process improvement, public speaking, stakeholder management, benchmarking.
- Undergraduate degree: Law LLB (2:1) Warwick University
- Languages: Native English Speaker, Conversational French
- Experience in the following tools (and also a quick learner with new software):
- Content creation / management - Canva, Squarespace (Member of the Squarespace Circle), Wordpress, Format, basic HTML
- Email marketing - MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor
- Social media management - HootSuite, Buffer
- CRM, analytics & project management - Hubspot, Slack, Trello, AirTable, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, GSuite
Recent projects: full-time and freelance work
Community, content + events: www.abiola.me (2015-present)
- Launched www.abiola.me, writing original content on personal and spiritual growth.
- Doubled mailing list subscribers between Jan and March 2017 via social media.
- Grew Twitter following by 100% (800 followers) in the last year. Peaking at 900K impressions by December 2017 (monthly avg. 300k).
- Grew Instagram following by 50% (400 followers) in the last 6 months, averaging at 9% engagement rate (higher than the 'good' industry avg. of 3% source).
- Frequent panellist, host & speaker: Hosting conferences, presenting shows, speaking and participating in panels. A full list of engagements with videos can be found here.
Marketing + relationship development: Deloitte (2017-2018)
- Designed strategy for FY18 to provide clear KPIs for the team and stakeholders.
- Rewrote invitation copy for undersubscribed events, notably increasing registrations by 200% in 72 hours.
- Produced 4 bespoke events from January to July 2018, alongside personalised newsletter communications members of the programme.
- Conceptualised and launched two programmes for senior Tech and HR leaders. Grew membership from 60+ and 50+ respectively in 6 months.
- Overhauled roles and responsibilities for team of 6, automated and moved manual tasks offshore to improve team productivity and morale.
- Authored article: Marketing Innovation (after winning a competition to attend a B2B Marketing event, sponsored by the Deloitte Chief Marketing Officer)
- Line managed a team of two
Co-founder, community, content + events: WAVEMAKERS (2017)
- Conceptualised, sourced a co-founder, and launched WAVEMAKERS in June 2017.
- Created website, produced copy and project management videographers for promo videos.
- WAVEMAKERS provides training, guidance and community for ambitious millennials across industries.
- Hosted 5 workshops in the last 12 months with avg. 15 attendees (£20 per person).
- Hosted a summer social with 60 attendees, as a feeder into our training workshops. This helped grow the mailing list from zero to 100 in 2 months.
Community + content: Your Startup, Your Story (2017)
- Approached to join Your Startup, Your Story (YSYS) - a diverse, intersectional community of the techologists and entrepreneurs.
- Provided advice on how to curate and engage a community of high-calibre tech talent online and in real life, advises on web-design.
- Conceptualised, scripted and hosted the pilot of tech news show, YSYS live.
Content and copywriter: She Leads Africa (2016-2017)
- Approached to join the She Leads Africa (SLA) team, writing some of their most popular, SEO-optimised content in a given month. SLA is one of the leading media startups in Africa and has been featured in Forbes, CNN, The Huffington Post and many more.
- Sourced and interviewed entrepreneurs (including 500Startups alumni), as well as writing articles about personal and professional development.
Brand strategy: Anjola, writer and poet (2017-present)
- Branding, social strategy, website development and community growth advice for writer and poet Anjola, graduate of the Faber Academy.
- Project delivery advice for three 'mood' live poetry performances. Sold out encores in Lagos, Nigeria (160+ attendees) and in London (80+ attendees).
- Produced graphics for both shows, here and here.
Senior Management Consultant: Ernst & Young (2013-2017)
Working with clients across the UK, Switzerland, the US and Bermuda on various strategic projects including:
- Customer experience and communications manager: Produced communications guiding 100,000+ customers through major changes to their mortgage accounts. Exceptional performance in Phase One, requested to lead workstream in Phase Two.
- Market and strategy analyst: Forecasted future revenue potential and identified acquisition targets, following significant loss of revenue-generating staff to a competitor. Requested by the CEO to produce final investment proposal for Executive Committee.
- Operations manager (multiple projects): Worked with various leading banks and insurance companies to optimise their processes and reduce costs. Most notably identifying $7M-$10M annual savings for a client based in Switzerland and Bermuda.
- Business development associate: Led a benchmarking analysis for 30 top clients. Contributed to sales pitches and meetings resulting in $500k sales in first year of work.
Sub-Editor and Marketing Team Member: Magnify Collective (2014-2015)
- Approached to join the Marketing Team for Magnify, a UK-based women's magazine focusing on faith, fashion and feminism.
- Conceptualised and developed an end-to-end social marketing strategy, examining optimum channels to grow the brand's social following and making recommendations around high performing content.
- Due to demonstrated skills in writing, I was asked by the Editor to sub-edit 5 articles within 6 months in preparation for the September issue of the Magazine.
- Also acted a runner during the mid-year launch event, which catered to over 200 guests.
Fashion Intern: The Telegraphy Magazine (2012)
- Gained access to a fashion internship at the Telegraph Magazine through social media.
- Responsible for editing, proof-reading and drafting articles in preparation for the Autumn/Winter season.
- Made recommendations around which clothes to pull for shoots, leveraging current trends and archived magazine issues.
- Organised the calendars during press trips and engaging with PR teams appropriately.
- Gained familiarity with key platforms such as Diary Directory.